Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Benchmark Project

For my big project, my senior project, I am going working with things around my big passion since I was a boy, which is boxing. Boxing is truly something amazing. It has turn from being prize fighting where there weren't many rules and the fighters where just vicious brawlers who only knew how to swing their arms around, to one of the greatest sports in the world where after many years of studying the sport, have come up with many new techniques to make people stronger, faster and smarter instead of just going in and seeing an ordinary street fight. Some specific things that I am going to work on is to show what goes into boxing, the nutrition/diet, the training, mentality and a couple of other things along those lines, as well as looking into how boxing has saved many fighters and their families from extreme poverty, gangs and drugs. One big thing from last semester that can help me with my project is the 10 page research paper. That can help me because it gave me better ways to research thing for a topic and to see if the information I am given on websites are valid or not. When I am finished with everything, I don't believe that I will have a sense of fulfillment because every time I do anything, I can always see what can be improved and what can be done better but I only feel like that after I have completed something.  I believe what will impress my audience is my passion for this sport and how much I love it. In my mind, I have already taken small steps toward achieving my goal of becoming a world champion because I have already started to train and do things a little at a time right now. In my field of work, I already have a few peers that are following me, the public to give me ideas and the experts to help me with my skills/training, although I only have about two experts to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment