Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 23, 2014

MASTERPIECE ESSAY #1


 MASTERPIECE ESSAY #1

   For a very long time now I have wanted to fight as boxer and eventually become a pro boxer and fight the greatest fighters out there to become a champion and be the best. I recently started to train in boxing to get better and start fighting but as I am training and finding resources on boxing, I began to think. Why out of all the careers out there that range from being a teacher, to being a carpenter, to even being a police officer, why choose boxing as a career. Why choose to fight people and make a living out of it.
   Lets take Manny "PacMan" Pacquiao for example. He chose to fight and become a boxer because it was pretty much his only option, living in Kibawe, Bukidnon, Philippines, where there was a lot of poverty, drug dealings and killings, the only two things he had to chose from where to let things happen and probably end up dead or fight and survive. Now that he is a pro boxer, he is a ten time world champion, one of the best boxers ever, named man of the decade and has opened up many doors to his life which have taken him to music, acting and many more things.
   Now let us look at another amazing boxer who has defeated 17 world champions and has world titles in six different weight classes. His name is "The Golden Boy" Oscar De La Hoya. As a child, Oscar was bullied for many years, he got picked on and beat up almost every day. Because of that, Oscar took up boxing to learn to defend himself from his bullies. Now, fast forward 20 years later and he is one of the most successful fighters ever.
   I talked about great fighters who have pretty good inspiration to take up on boxing. But now the question is, what is my reason to fight. Why do I box. I chose to box because I want to be able to protect my loved ones from danger. I fight because I want to show everyone that I am strong enough to defeat anyone I am up against but most of all, I fight because it is something that I truly love to do everyday all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment