Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Literature Analysis #3

TOPIC(S) and/or EVENT(S)
 
1 and 2. The book that I chose to read was a book called, "When the Spirits Come Back" and its about a Jungian analyst who examines herself, her profession and the limitations of prevailing attitudes toward mental disturbance.

3. I chose this book because the title and the back of the book looked pretty interesting.

4. To me, I found this book to be pretty realistic because i could connect to the Dallet, the person who's life I am reading, many times. Something that I read that I and probably everyone has felt before, is how insecure and embarrassed you can feel while giving a presentation to someone who know more than you on the topic you are presenting and asks you questions over and over and you stumble on your word and ultimately do bad.  


PEOPLE

1. I feel as though if we were to see Dallet in person, we would see the same person as in the book. We would see someone who has made mistakes but knows that she did them and learned from them.

2.The authors tone changes quite a bit. I goes from informative to feeling as though you are in the same room as her, experiencing a big argument.

3. One person she talked about, that really stuck out to me and surprised me, was a man named George who in the 1950's was mentally ill and was given a new drug for 30 days and each dose made him better until he could be put in a normal hospital but as he was checking out, he said he had a sock he forgot to grab, so he went back, grabbed it and the confused nurse asked whats in it and inside the sock, was the drugs he was supposed to take but didnt, so how had he been getting better without taking them?

STYLE

1. Most of the time, she used a journalistic style of writing.

2.The author doesn't really use lengthy text but there are sometimes when she does but it does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment